This program is designed to provide the Registered Nurse at diploma level with the opportunity to acquire a broad liberal degree level education with particular emphasis on theoretical and clinical knowledge related to nursing practice, nursing research, and population health at primary, secondary and tertiary levels.All nursing courses are aimed to prepare nurses to practice competencies, as determined by the Pakistan Nursing Council.
After completion of level 5 qualification framework the two streams could be followed in current education status:
- SSC + three years general nursing and one year midwifery or any specialty course equal to 14 years of education. Additional 2 years of post RN BSN equals level 6 undergraduate degree-Bachelors of Science (BS) in Nursing (adopted from HEC guidelines)
- HSSC + three years general nursing equals to 15 years of education. Additional 2 years of post RN BSN equals level 6 undergraduate degree-Bachelors of Science (BS) in Nursing (adopted from HEC guidelines)
The goal of the program is to prepare competent, educated nurses with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude that would enable nurses to provide quality safe care and meet the future challenges confronting health care in 21st century within the professional, religious, cultural, legal and ethical boundaries.
- After completion of two years Post RN BS nursing program students will Demonstrate the cognitive abilities necessary to integrate the nursing concepts and the multi-disciplinary body of knowledge to provide therapeutic nursing care.
- Exhibit the psycho motor and psycho therapeutic abilities necessary to provide safe nursing care.
- Use critical thinking and the nursing process as bases for clinical decision making.
- Demonstrate caring behaviors towards patients/clients and families from diverse and multicultural populations across the lifespan.
- Communicate effectively with clients, families and members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Utilize appropriate teaching learning strategies for prevention of illness and the promotion and restoration of health to individuals, families and groups.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to promote development of the profession.
- Recognize responsibility for maintaining competence as a registered nurse through self-evaluation and continuing nursing education to become lifelong learner.
- Practice as an ethical and accountable member within the profession of nursing.